Essential Oil Infused Treats
Hey guys! I’m back with a couple great essential oil-infused treats for you to enjoy. I’ve been doing some thinking about a couple of my favorite things to do during this time of year, whether its by myself or with friends and family. From adding essential oils to recipes (only use supplement-grade) or any DIY essential oil projects you want to create, you’re not only able to enjoy the scent but the health benefits from essential oils as well.
I remember when I was 17 years old and really obsessed with chocolate-dipped pretzels. At the time you could only get them around Christmas. So my mom asked me, “Why don’t you just make your own?”
Great idea! She and I then went out and gathered all the ingredients needed to create our own chocolate-dipped pretzels that I loved so much. Once I had the recipe down, I created several other varieties and was then able to make them whenever I had a craving for them, which was all the time!
It’s now over 10 years later and I still make these treats from time to time. Looking back, I never realized what I was missing until I became an “oily”. I used to add peppermint food flavoring but now I know it’s actually healthier to add a tiny (note: tiny!) amount of peppermint essential oil, to create the perfect mint flavor for your chocolate-dipped pretzels. Peppermint essential oil provides excellent, calming digestive support.
Hold on! What!? Stop! What if you’ve been taught your entire life that you should NEVER ingest essential oils. I get that. Not all peppermint essential oils are safe. But we are now in 2018 (almost 2019) and science / quality testing have progressed to where some brands have created select essential oils that may be ingested. Check the oil bottle for “supplement” in the description. Otherwise, DON’T use the oil for this purpose.
Resource: One company that offers a safely ingestible peppermint oil is doTerra. You may know of another. Note: EOA is a brand-free academy and only offers this resource in case you need it. Since we don’t sell oils to our students, we don’t have a pony in the race so it’s completely up to you as long as you pick a safe, “supplement” quality peppermint essential oil.
Here’s my recipe for chocolate-dipped pretzels infused with peppermint essential oil.
Chocolate-dipped, peppermint pretzel rods
- Chocolate baking chips ( I prefer white chocolate but you can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate)
- Pretzel rods
- 3 small candy canes (put in plastic bag and smash to bits)
- Peppermint essential oil – supplement grade
- Wax paper
- Melt your chocolate of choice in a crockpot.
- Add one drop of peppermint essential oil for each bag of baking chips you use.
- Dip pretzels in chocolate
- Sprinkle with candy cane bits and place on wax paper to set.
- Allow for them to harden on wax paper or you can place them in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.
- Once they have hardened, Enjoy!
Aside from making my all-time favorite treat, another one of my favorite luxe treats during this time of year is relaxing on a cold winter night in a nice, hot bath with my favorite essential oil(s).
This inspired me to create my own DIY bath melts. Making these takes some time so make sure that you allow yourself enough time to make them and enjoy them. Here’s one of my favorite recipes!
Moisturizing Bath Melts (makes 6)
- ¾ cup cocoa butter
- ¾ Shea butter
- 1 TBSP Coconut oil
- 30 drops Orange Blossom essential oil
- 20 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Silicon mold - Be sure the silicon mold can handle heat.
- Melt together cocoa butter, shea butter, and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Take mixture off the heat once melted and add in you essential oils, stir together.
- BECAREFUL, pour your mixture into your silicon mold. Place silicon mold on a cookie sheet or cutting board to help stabilize it.
- Place silicon mold in the fridge to set.
- Once you’re ready to use, draw your bath and drop in one of your bath melts. Enjoy!
- Tip- Store the bath melts in a cool place and in an airtight container. These also make great DIY gifts!
Have an idea for a blog post topic?
Please email me at email@example.com with your idea. I want to write about topics that are both interesting and important to you!
Blog post main image credit: https://www.theplantie.com
© 2018 A. Kennitt. All Rights Reserved. Ms. Kennitt is a Board Certified Essential
Oil Practitioner, Essential Oil Practitioner Curriculum Contributor
and Student Services Specialist.
DID YOU KNOW ...
Our last Essential Oil Practitioner class sold out! Now you can SAVE $400 USD when you pre-register for a seat for when it becomes available. You'll temporarily be placed on a waiting list for the next seat, on a first come basis. Students graduate almost daily, so the wait should not be long.
However, when the waiting list is all seated in class, we will reopen registration at FULL TUITION. That means the $400 OFF will be gone. So don't wait ... register today and guarantee your seat! Get all the details HERE.